Promoting an issue fails whose element(s) contain a patched version.

0 Likes

PROBLEM/ABSTRACT:
Promoting an issue from a stream fails with the following error:

Selected issues can not be promoted from this stream.
You may want to figure out Track relationship and decide which issues can be promoted.

CAUSE:
You will encounter this error if you try to promote an issue that contains element(s) whose change-package entry does not contain the complete set of changes to the element that (1) are in the source stream and (2) have not yet been promoted to the destination stream.

SOLUTION:
In order to promote this issue, you need to promote the associated tracking issue related to this issue. If you do not have an associated tracking issue, you will need to create one or use an existing issue.

A tracking issue is the mechanism that AccuRev uses to record the changes made to the original issue(s)' elements. A single tracking issue can keep track of the additional changes for any number of original issues. Thus, it makes sense to select New Issue the first time you need to specify a tracking issue, and select Use Existing on subsequent uses of promote-by-issue in the same workspace. You might also need to select Use Existing if you're not allowed to create new issues' for example, if you've integrated a third-party issue-tracking system with AccuWork.

1. Create a new issue in AccuWork. This will be your tracking issue for the issue you need to promote.

2. Obtain the list of elements associated with the issue you tried to promote that failed. This can be accomplished by running the command:

'accurev cpkdescribe -I <issue number> -p <depot name> -fx'

Example:
>accurev cpkdescribe -I 13 -p AccuRev -fx
<acResponse>
<issues>
<issue>
<issueNum>13</issueNum>
<elements>
<element
id="1787"
real_version="127/12"
basis_version="127/11"
location="/ChangePackages/bar.c"
dir="no"
elemType="text"
missing="true"
overlap="false"/>
<element
id="1796"
real_version="127/6"
basis_version="127/1"
location="/ChangePackages/vap.c"
dir="no"
elemType="text"
missing="true"
overlap="false"/>
</elements>
</issue>
</issues>
</acResponse>

3. Add the elements listed above to the new tracking issue you created in step 1. This can be accomplished by running the command:

'accurev cpkadd -p <depot name> -I <tracking issue number> -v <real version> -e <element ID>'

Example (issue 14 is the tracking issue created in step #1):

>accurev cpkadd -p AccuRev -I 14 -v 127/12 -e 1787

>accurev cpkadd -p AccuRev -I 14 -v 127/6 -e 1796

4. Once you have completed step #3, this issue will now appear in the stream. You can now select this issue and the original issue you originally tried to promote and promote them together.

For more information detailing tracking issues and change package dependencies, please refer to the AccuRev Notes manual section "Notes on Promote-by-Issue" located under <AccuRev install dir>/doc.

For more information contact AccuRev Support

Comment List
Related
Recommended