Promoting by Issue fails with the following warning:
Promote failed: Some element versions in specified issues cannot be coalesced.
This occurs when you have multiple segments of a change package patch and one of the segments is missing, which causes a gap in the change package patch.
In a workspace you perform the following steps:
1. Make a change to foo.c and common.c and promote associating Issue 1.
2. Make a change to bar.c and common.c and promote associating Issue 2.
3. Make a change to hello.c and common.c and promote associating Issue 3.
If you attempt to promote issue 1 and 3, you will encounter the warning above due to the change package segment gap caused by not including issue 2.
You have two options to resolve this issue.
1. Select and promote issues 1, 2 and 3.
2. If you only want to promote issue 1 and 3, you will need to follow the steps below.
1. Move a workspace to hang off the target stream
2. Select issue 1 and 3 -> Send to Change Palette
3. Select the workspace from step #1 as the destination stream
4. Select the elements from the list without the status of (patch) -> Send to Workspace
5. Select the element whose status is (patch) -> Patch
6. Back in the stream browser, click on the "Show Active Issue" icon under the workspace in step #1.
7. You should now see issues 1 and 3.
8. Select issue 1 -> Promote
9. Select issue 3 -> Promote -> This will require a tracking issue for the issue to promote, create one or use and existing issue.
For more information contact AccuRev Support