How to create/add bulk users in WorkSpace?

Hi Folks, 

I am curious to know the process/steps to created user or add users in ALM Octane WorkSpace. 

Is there a similar process that we do in ALM.net? 

Created users in SA > Add to project>Assign Role

Example For Octane: 

I have 20 users that I need to create their account in Octane, add them into A workspace and Assign Tester and Leader role. Those 20 users detail is in excel.

So, Can I use excel sheet to create/add users in ALM Octane WorkSpace? Similar to ALM.net.

Note: My authentication Method is Internal.

Please suggest.

Parents
  • Hi,

When Octane is configured with either LDAP or SSO authentication you have the option to import users from CSV into Octane from Shared-space users administration or Workspace users administration.

Note - users details in the CSV should match the external user store definition and mapping in octane.yml to later have a successful login to Octane.

for more information look for the below in Octane's Help Center:

• Import IdP users for SSO authentication into a workspace (on-premises)
    • Import LDAP users into ALM Octane
  •  Thanks much for sharing imp info. 

I was aware of it. But. may help someone in this forum. 

I have not implemented SSO auth yet. But, i have a need to create bulk users and assign to them a role. So, Im looking a way to do the task in much simpler way.  

•  Any update on this would be a great help please.

• Hi  ,

Sorry, I missed that the GDPR Content Pack is still an option!

If you want to import only the users then you can do the following: Go to module GDPRImport / subImportStart and search for 

' ------- Import into ALM Octane --------

subOCTSignIn

subOCTInitialize

Add a new line:

subOCTDemoImportUser

Then remove / comment all lines including this line:

subUpdateRequirements

Now the Octane import will only SignIn, Initialize the connection to Octane and then import the users.

Regarding the Octane User import function: You'll find it in module modOCT /  subOCTDemoImportUser.  The first lines of the sub fetch user roles etc., you'll need to modify that if you need different roles - or just hardcode them if that's ok. The real work starts here:

' Iterate over all user rows

The code first checks if the user is already there - if not the user is created starting from this line:

' We create the user

The quite ugly m_objRequest.Body is JSON code to create the user, you can modify it if you e.g. need different phone numbers than "555-555-5555"

I hope this helps a bit - please contact me directly via e-mail if you need any further help.

Regards,

Dirk

• Hi  ,

Sorry, I missed that the GDPR Content Pack is still an option!

If you want to import only the users then you can do the following: Go to module GDPRImport / subImportStart and search for 

' ------- Import into ALM Octane --------

subOCTSignIn

subOCTInitialize

Add a new line:

subOCTDemoImportUser

Then remove / comment all lines including this line:

subUpdateRequirements

Now the Octane import will only SignIn, Initialize the connection to Octane and then import the users.

Regarding the Octane User import function: You'll find it in module modOCT /  subOCTDemoImportUser.  The first lines of the sub fetch user roles etc., you'll need to modify that if you need different roles - or just hardcode them if that's ok. The real work starts here:

' Iterate over all user rows

The code first checks if the user is already there - if not the user is created starting from this line:

' We create the user

The quite ugly m_objRequest.Body is JSON code to create the user, you can modify it if you e.g. need different phone numbers than "555-555-5555"

I hope this helps a bit - please contact me directly via e-mail if you need any further help.

Regards,

Dirk

Children