Micro Focus application automation tool plugin V6.3 plugin in jenkins throws error

Hi,

When I add "Micro Focus tests from file system" block in Jenkins Build section breaks job configuration and Save and Apply button do not work.

Thanks in advance for any help

I see below error logs in jenkins. 

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to convert to class com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.model.ProxySettings
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl$TypePair.convertJSON(RequestImpl.java:741)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.bindJSON(RequestImpl.java:478)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.injectSetters(RequestImpl.java:843)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.instantiate(RequestImpl.java:793)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl.access$200(RequestImpl.java:83)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl$TypePair.convertJSON(RequestImpl.java:678)
Caused: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to instantiate class com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.run.RunFromFileBuilder from {"fsTests":"","fsReportPath":"","isParallelRunnerEnabled":false,"parallelRunnerEnvironments":[

{"environmentType":"Web","environment":""}

,{"environmentType":"Web","environment":""}],"fileSystemTestSet":

class":"com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.run.RunFromFileBuilder","$class":"com.microfocus.application.automation.tools.run.RunFromFileBuilder"}
at hudson.model.Descriptor.newInstance(Descriptor.java:606)
at hudson.model.Descriptor.newInstancesFromHeteroList(Descriptor.java:1075)
at hudson.model.Descriptor.newInstancesFromHeteroList(Descriptor.java:1037)
at hudson.util.DescribableList.rebuildHetero(DescribableList.java:208)
at hudson.model.Project.submit(Project.java:230)
at hudson.model.Job.doConfigSubmit(Job.java:1335)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.doConfigSubmit(AbstractProject.java:768)
at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.invokeWithArguments(MethodHandle.java:627)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$MethodFunction.invoke(Function.java:396)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$InstanceFunction.invoke(Function.java:408)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvoke(Function.java:212)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.SelectionInterceptedFunction$Adapter.invoke(SelectionInterceptedFunction.java:36)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.verb.HttpVerbInterceptor.invoke(HttpVerbInterceptor.java:48)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.SelectionInterceptedFunction.bindAndInvoke(SelectionInterceptedFunction.java:26)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvokeAndServeResponse(Function.java:145)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$11.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:536)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:58)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:766)
Caused: javax.servlet.ServletException
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.java:816)

• Hi.

1.Our latest plugin is 6.5 - can you check if the error occur on latest version of plugin also?

2.As I understand , you try to execute test in Pipeline job, can you try to do similar thing with FreeStyle job.

Thanks

Radislav

• I have installed V6.5 first but there is a problem with Configuration system section under Manage Jenkins. Save and Apply button not working under configuration system with V6.5.

So I have downgraded to V6.3 which made Configuration system to work as expected.

with V6.3 I get same exception when trying to add "Execute Micro Focus tests from file system" in FreeStyle Job.

• Verified Answer

Hi

I saw that you opened additional ticket in  Jenkins Jira system.

From there, it can be seen that you use Jenkins 2.271.

For now , our plugin supports until  2.263.1 LTS version.

We found some api breaks in jenkins version above 2.263.1 . It will be fix in  next future version of plugin.

Meanwhile, I can propose to you to try one of the supported jenkins versions.

Thanks,

Radi.