Updating a suite run report with the REST API ?

Hello, 

When I click RUN on a test suite, Octane triggers my test runner (a Jenkins Job), and Jenkins triggers another tool.

With Jenkins and a Junit report, I'm able to send a suite run report ... The thing is I don't want to use Jenkins to send the suite run report, I want to use the other tool.

So I decided to test the REST api by calling /test-results endpoint, but whenever I'm tring to update all tests inside a suite run, I can't update the suite run report because Octane always creates a new run inside all tests

My question is : Is it possible to update a suite run report with the REST api ? Or do we have to update it with Jenkins publish junit test report ?

In the attached file I tried to update a planned automated test, which is inside a planned suite run.

Thanks

Parents
  • Verified Answer

The simplest way is to configure jenkins to return test results.

If you need help we can try to help you with it.

If you insist to send test results from external tool, you need to add build context to your payload :

See examples in attached file.

Here is extraction :

<build server_id="943dfc2a-259f-453d-819b-d32d3a542d25" job_id="simpleTests" build_id="42"/>

server_id - is instance id of the plugin, you can find it configuration->devOps->ciServers in column InstanceId (see example in attachment)

job_id - job name that is triggered

build_id - build number of the job

Radi.

• Verified Answer

The simplest way is to configure jenkins to return test results.

If you need help we can try to help you with it.

If you insist to send test results from external tool, you need to add build context to your payload :

See examples in attached file.

Here is extraction :

<build server_id="943dfc2a-259f-453d-819b-d32d3a542d25" job_id="simpleTests" build_id="42"/>

server_id - is instance id of the plugin, you can find it configuration->devOps->ciServers in column InstanceId (see example in attachment)

job_id - job name that is triggered

build_id - build number of the job

Radi.

Children