36 Votes
over 2 years ago

Should be possible to:

Copy workspace to another location..

• Isolated workspace to other Isolated workspace
  • Shared workspace to other Isolated workspace

Reason

• Use this for testing out functionality with needed data
  • When a workspace within a shared workspace has the need for doing more changes which cannot be done within the shared workspace limitation

Parents
  • I loaded the workspace from the GDPR Content Pack and checked out the script. Have to say the work there is fantastic - kudos for your genius in building that! I can build any solution in OTA or script with my eyes closed, but REST? I'm a total noob. Until I saw your work, I couldn't figure out how to authenticate using VBscript for the life of me - I'm a just say no to Java guy.

1. Import/Export
    These couldn't be more different as data exported from Octane is nothing like what is required to import. It takes considerable redefinition of the content to get exported data back into a template that can be imported.

2. GDPR
    From what I can tell, so far, this is the ideal place to start - doesn't hurt that it's script and wraps all the scary REST stuff so I don't have to re-invent the wheel, very cool.

3. Future
    Balancing creating an in-house import/export/template solution now or waiting to see what Micro focus builds is the challenge. We need a solution yesterday or sooner, but then building our own while it doesn’t help the community it could work exactly as we need it to now. Ah, decisions, decisions...

Comment
  • I loaded the workspace from the GDPR Content Pack and checked out the script. Have to say the work there is fantastic - kudos for your genius in building that! I can build any solution in OTA or script with my eyes closed, but REST? I'm a total noob. Until I saw your work, I couldn't figure out how to authenticate using VBscript for the life of me - I'm a just say no to Java guy.

1. Import/Export
    These couldn't be more different as data exported from Octane is nothing like what is required to import. It takes considerable redefinition of the content to get exported data back into a template that can be imported.

2. GDPR
    From what I can tell, so far, this is the ideal place to start - doesn't hurt that it's script and wraps all the scary REST stuff so I don't have to re-invent the wheel, very cool.

3. Future
    Balancing creating an in-house import/export/template solution now or waiting to see what Micro focus builds is the challenge. We need a solution yesterday or sooner, but then building our own while it doesn’t help the community it could work exactly as we need it to now. Ah, decisions, decisions...

Children
No Data