Idea ID: 2705251

Online help - "Did You Know?" - add video snippets

over 1 year ago

Could we add short video snippets to the online help? This could be under the heading of "Did you know?" or something like that. Some people don't hunt through the manual for answers but if we started putting short clips of useful tips up, they may discover things they had assumed ALM Octane didn't do. 

Often, with a new product, people don't get to find the best way of doing something, and they miss out on functionality that they assume is not there. For example:

- "Can a story be automatically moved to 'Done' when it's child tasks are all done" (example video attached)

- "Is there a way to show similar errors in pipeline job failures"

If we had a "Did you know" section, with 1-2 minute videos showing how to do some of these things, it would be very useful to new users of the platform. 

Labels:

Backlog Planning
Dashboard Usability
Field Enhancements
Shared Space Management
Business Rules
Usability
Parents
  • I do like this idea.

We will start off a 'Did you know?' area in the help for cool usability tips.

We need your help though. Please reply in this thread with questions or ideas that you think should be covered in such a topic. We will do our best to include them.

Time permitting, we'll include also short 'show me' videos for the more intricate processes.

Thanks!

Comment
  • I do like this idea.

We will start off a 'Did you know?' area in the help for cool usability tips.

We need your help though. Please reply in this thread with questions or ideas that you think should be covered in such a topic. We will do our best to include them.

Time permitting, we'll include also short 'show me' videos for the more intricate processes.

Thanks!

Children
No Data