Would like to be able to create burn-down/up reports for test execution
Showing test planned for a certain release and if they have been run
eg. no run vs. planned run vs. run
Thanks for your quick feedback, this is very helpful
* Release is not mandatory, you will be able to choose a custom time period like in the run progress widget we have today
* The widget will show all test runs, if you like you will be able to include runs from specific suite runs or even the suite runs themselves. We were thinking to do a very naïve calculation for the "Expected planned" line - divide the total number of planned runs across the working days in the selected time period
Please let me know if you have any additional comments.
Thanks a lot!
This definitely looks promising!
I want to second what Jared is saying in his first point. The terms "Release" and "Milestone" makes me feel this graph would require us to use the full agile methodology features. This is the reason we are reaching out with this request.
1. Can we have this widget created where we can just set the configurations without releases, milestones, or sprints?
2. You have a configuration option of "Run started in". I think this works perfect for what we are trying to do, but it does not give us the ability to use the line or burndown graph in the quality section.
1. would this require us to use "releases" in Octane? we're not using now for a number of reasons, so we might need some coaching on how best to start using this to power this graph. Or...would it be mandatory to specify release in the graph? Could we have an option of specifying the test execution end date and then based on test run start date and end date the expected count is auto populated?
2. would we also pull the data into the graph through using suite runs? How do you envision setting the expected number of tests completed per day?