We are very happy to announce that this week we released our latest version of LoadRunner Professional. In this release, we continue our investment into customer driven innovation and the latest technology in performance engineering.
The main features of this release are detailed below:
We are very pleased to announce a new partnership with Gremlin - stay tuned for more news and blog posts on this topic. With the 2022 release we have introduced full support for chaos engineering events, and these can be added during your test design.
This new capability will allow LoadRunner Professional customers to take advantage of these benefits:
- Testing the resiliency of your systems
- Find faults before they hit production
- Introduce chaos events in a controlled non-production system
- Monitor the performance in real time during performance tests
- Use collected measurements in LoadRunner Analysis
- Support for multiple scenarios
Load Generation and Controller health:
With the 2022 release we have added a new feature to monitor and report on the health of your controller and load generators.
This new capability offers the following benefits:
- Lowering the TCO for our customers
- Providing more accurate and truthful performance metrics
- Modernizing our solution
- Collects system resources when running test
- Controller and LG resources graph can be displayed during test execution and in LoadRunner Analysis
- Can be used in LoadRunner Analysis to diagnose performance issues when merged with other data
LoadRunner as a Data-Hub:
2022 has introduced an exciting new feature called LoadRunner data-hub.
This new capability is built on top of the Kafka distributed streaming platform and will offer the following benefits:
- Offers the capability to fetch/subscribe data from running performance tests
- Data can be exported and used externally
- Performance metrics can be viewed live or used later in LoadRunner Analysis
- Common Interface across the entire LoadRunner family
Full Unicode support:
LoadRunner Professional 2022 is now fully Unicode compliant and fully configurable to support many locales.
This new capability offers the following features:
- New code page and locale options allowing transfer from ANSI to UTF8
- Support for multiple languages
- Providing full Unicode compliancy
- Creating the foundations to support future updates
Introducing a new protocol – Kafka
In this release we have introduced replay only support for the Kafka protocol and with this feature we provide the following features:
- Kafka APIs have been introduced
- New measurements available to report on
- Added to the Java bundle and community license to increase adoption
- Creating the foundations to support future updates to extend our support on this technology
In this release we are very pleased to announce that we have started to embed Service Virtualization capabilities into LoadRunner solutions.
These new capabilities will offer the following benefits to our customers:
- Free Service Virtualization capabilities for all LoadRunner Professional customers
- Customers can take advantage of the ability to simulate up to a maximum of 7 virtual services
- Ability to upgrade to full Service Virtualization offering
- Test earlier in your development cycle
- Removes the dependency on external services or may be too expensive for ‘Test & Pre-Prod’ environments
- Supports end-to-end continuous testing
- Simulate services that may not be available our outside of your environment
- Create, record and simulate services
For the full list of updates, please visit ADM Help.
We hope you all enjoy this release! If you feel our solutions need something else to better user experience, please let us know through the idea exchange.