We’re pleased to officially announce the release of Silk Test 21.0!
Silk Test 21.0 introduces significant enhancements and includes the UFT Developer 16.0 EAP which heralds a new era of shift-left functional testing.
Top 10 Enhancements of Silk Test 21.0
- Silk4J and Silk4NET are now UFT Developer 16.0
The developer-centric products Silk4J and Silk4NET are now UFT Developer and will be released as EAP (see the UFT Developer 16.0 EAP blog-post for details), but with the same quality as a full release.
- AI-powered Intelligent Test Automation*
Silk Test hits another major milestone in the world of intelligent test automation with the unveiling of its new Artificial Intelligence (AI) and OCR capabilities - all designed to help QA and agile testers address real automation problems across web and mobile, with the introduction of additional technologies on the horizon. Silk Test's new AI-based benefits can help reduce test creation time, boost test coverage, increase resiliency of testing assets, and cut down on test maintenance efforts.
- Python Support*
We have extended our SDK support to give customers the ability to record and replay scripts in Python, which will enable developers with Python coding skills to participate in functional testing. The new Standalone Recorder makes it easy to record and replay Python scripts within any possible IDE like PyCharm or Visual Studio Code.
- New IDE Support*
- IntelliJ can now be used for test-creation, maintenance and execution. Features like the action-recorder, locator spy, start-page and project wizards are already part of this release.
- With the new Standalone Recorder, it is now possible to start recording scripts from any IDE (e.g. PyCharm, Visual Studio Code) that supports command line-execution.
- Image Verification with Cross-Platform Reporting
Verifications are a key aspect of functional testing, and now Silk Test can verify all available properties of an object - like a human being would - to visually compare parts of an application. To more easily spot what has changed in the application and is causing an image verification to fail, Silk Test 21.0 and UFT Developer 16.0 now include an image difference viewer in a cross-platform result.
- Automatic Browser Support
Because browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera see constant and frequent updates, it's critical to provide browser testing support in a short time frame without the hassle of having to manually update UFT Developer or Silk Test for the whole test environment. Silk Test 21.0 and UFT Developer 16.0 now automatically download all WebDriver files necessary to support a new browser version. For customers that are in a locked environment, those files can also be managed within an internal file location.
- Standalone Recorder
- AutoPass Licensing
In addition to the Silk Meter license server, Silk Test 21.0 supports the AutoPass license server.
- Usability Enhancements
- Silk Test Classic now offers the possibility to set a custom location for the Status Window. The location can now be configured for a maximum of five resolutions from which Silk Test Classic will choose and if none apply then the default one will be used.
- For .NET tests, the Silk Test Workbench debugger can now expose global objects (objects declared at the module level).
- Technology Updates
- Silk Test now supports Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) 81 to 86.
- Silk Test now supports Google Chrome 79-86.
- Silk Test now supports Opera 71.
- Silk Test now supports Safari 14.
- Silk Test now supports Mozilla Firefox 70-82.
- Silk Test now supports Java 14.
- Silk Test now supports SAPGUI client 7.60.
- Silk Test now supports iOS 14 and Android 11.
- You can now integrate UFT Developer (Silk4J) in IntelliJ 2019.3 or later, both 32 and 64 bit.
* this is only part of UFT Developer or previously known as Silk4J/Silk4Net.
- For more information on all new features of Silk Test 21.0, you can also refer to the Online Help.
- Another valuable source of information: the Silk Test 21.0 Release Notes.
- If you are already convinced and want to buy Silk Test, don't hesitate to contact us: Go to microfocus.com and click Contact Us on the top right.