We’re proud to usher in the release of Micro Focus UFT One 15.0!
In this version, Micro Focus accelerates test automation with one intelligent solution, enabling you to test across any architecture and technology stack at full velocity. From AI to the UI, the newly renamed UFT One presents the release of 15.0—stacked with new features and enhancements that streamline your testing processes, increase testing efficiencies, and sustain quality while reducing testing time.
But wait, there’s more. In fact, here are 10 new things you should know about new UFT One 15.0.
1. Welcome to the new UFT Family
The Micro Focus UFT Family of integrated Functional Testing solutions enables customers to test earlier and faster by combining a breadth of technology support with AI-driven capabilities. This provides the speed and resiliency required to achieve automation at scale that is tightly integrated within an organization’s current DevOps toolchain.
The new UFT Family is comprised of three newly renamed Micro Focus products:
- UFT One. Formerly known as UFT, UFT One accelerate test automation with one intelligent solution for web, mobile, API, RPA, and enterprise apps.
- UFT Developer. Previously called LeanFT, UFT Developer enables Developers and Testers to easily shift-left using standard programming languages, IDEs, and testing frameworks of choice.
- UFT Mobile. Formerly known as Mobile Center, UFT Mobile amplifies team productivity with an enterprise-level, end-to-end lab of real mobile devices and emulators.
2. Fresh new look
UFT One's user interface now presents a brand-new toolbar and main menu, as well as a redesigned Start page that gives quick access to UFT's resources—placing everything you need at your fingertips.
3. AI-based testing enhancements
UFT One's newly introduced AI-based testing continues to evolve.
UFT AI Codeless has a new look and many new capabilities. Additionally, the AI testing capabilities within UFT offer the following enhancements:
- Improved association of a control with the text that helps identify it
- Uniquely differentiate identical objects in the application based on location
- Find a match to partial text within a block when identifying text in your application
- Perform more operations on controls identified by AI via the Utility objects in UFT’s code
To let our team know how well we did and help us improve in the future, submit your comments directly to them using our feedback tool.
4. New data table
UFT One's brand new data table in GUI tests supports Excel's .XLSX format and provides faster response times. This includes numerous long-awaited improvements, including:
- Support for Excel's new formulas and functions
- Selecting whether to print the whole data table or the current sheet only
- Using dashes (-) and spaces in the data table parameter names
- Extending the maximum cell content length from 16,000 to 32,000 characters
- Extending the maximum number of columns from 256 to 16,000
- Jumping to a specific cell in the data table by entering its coordinates (for example G27) in the box in the top left corner of the pane
5. Azure DevOps Server extension
UFT One supports Microsoft’s CI/CD integration tool, previously known as Team Foundation Server (TFS), via our extension on the Azure DevOps’ Marketplace. This extension allows users to run tests stored on the local file system or ALM during build processes. Check out UFT and Azure DevOps Server section on our Online Help website to learn more.
6. UFT on Hyper V
Scale your testing assets according to your needs by spinning-up multiple Hyper V virtual machines running UFT One. Simply download a ready-made Hyper V virtual hard disk with Windows 10 and UFT One from the Micro Focus marketplace. For additional information, see how to use UFT on Hyper V Windows virtual machines.
7. 64-bit support for legacy apps
Companies are progressively adopting Digital Transformation. This includes migrating away from 32-bit applications and supporting 64-bit applications. While UFT One already supports popular 64-bit technologies (Java, .NET, WPF, Silverlight, Delphi, etc.), UFT One 15.0 introduces 64-bit support for two legacy apps: PowerBuilder and QT.
8. Single sign-on (SSO) with Jenkins
Single Sign-On (SSO) ensures that automated processes adhere to corporate policies. As such, the Jenkins plugin for UFT One now supports working with ALM servers that require SSO authentication. Check out our documentation to learn how to run functional test sets from ALM.
9. Usability enhancements
UFT One 15.0 improves its usability with a number of new enhancements, including (but not limited to):
- Running tests using UFT installed on a remote Windows machine even after logging out of the machine
- Expanding and collapsing the full object hierarchy in the Object Repository Editor and the Object Repository Manager
- Highlighting relevant objects in your application, thereby helping you determine which object UFT matches to your test object
- Typing passwords and other encrypted strings for image-based objects (via Insight)
- Supporting relative paths in GUI test calls to API tests or actions
10. Newly supported technologies
UFT One is hailed by industry analysts for its support of diverse technology stacks. As expected, this release includes 20 newly supported technologies and versions.
- .NET Framework 4.8
- Adobe Acrobat DC 2017
- DevExpress 19.1
- IBM Java 1.7, 1.8
- PowerBuilder 2019
- PowerBuilder 64-bit app support
- QT 64-bit app support
- SAP GUI 750 patch 12
- SAP GUI 760 patch 3 (with Belize theme)
- SAP NWBC Desktop Client 7.0 patch 5
- SAP NWBC Desktop Client 6.5 patch 18
- ECATT on SAP Solutions Manager 7.2 SP09
Web Apps and Browsers
- Angular 8
- ExtJS 6.7
- Safari 13
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 1903
- Firefox 68.1 ESR, 69, 70
- Chrome 76, 77, 78
- Autopass 10.9.2, 11.0.0
- Git 2.22
- Tibco JMS Server 8.x
While this blog covers a subset of our functionality, more details about this release will be covered in upcoming blogs.
Download UFT One today from the following locations:
- Evaluating customers: Free Trial
- Existing customers: Software Downloads
- Partners: Software Partner Community
Downloads are available in English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
To learn more about UFT One, visit us at: