We’re proud to announce the release of Micro Focus UFT One 15.0.1!
In this version, Micro Focus accelerates multi-platform functional test automation with one intelligent solution, enabling you to test across any architecture and technology stack at full velocity. From AI to the UI, UFT One 15.0.1 is stacked with new features and enhancements that streamline your testing processes, increase testing efficiencies, and sustain quality while reducing testing time.
Here are 10 new things you should know about UFT One 15.0.1.
1. AI-based testing enhancements
UFT One's newly introduced AI-based testing continues to revolutionize and intelligently-power the way humans test. The latest enhancements within UFT One 15.0.1 offer the ability to:
- Run web-based tests from your desktop browser using Chrome, Chromium Edge, Firefox, and IE (tech preview)
- Use the Object Spy to suggest which relevant AI object to use, in addition to the Web or Mobile test object it identifies
- Detect multiple objects using the AI Identification View
- Identify unique objects using VRI (sometimes referred to as Visual Relation Identifier)
- Hover on AI objects and AI text objects (web only)
- Perform operations on combo box objects identified using AI
These AI enhancements enable teams using UFT One to accelerate the creation of automation assets and reduce the maintenance effort required to match the pace of application changes.
2. Dark theme
UFT One 15.0.1 enhances its legibility and readability with an aesthetically darker IDE that’s friendlier on your eyes. Try the new dark theme for UFT One's user interface by going to Tools > Options > General > Startup options > Dark Theme).
For this release, the main screens support the dark theme. Other screens, like the Start Page, will be themed in a subsequent release.
3. New Cloud OCR vendors
Record and run OCR-based objects with a higher level of accuracy using two new OCR vendors: Baidu and Google Cloud OCR. Simply set up an account with Baidu or Google Cloud OCR, and then configure UFT One to use their OCR services for text recognition.
These new OCR vendors improve support for CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) languages and include the ability to mix CJK languages with other languages.
4. Microsoft Chromium Edge
UFT One 15.0.1 introduces support for Microsoft’s latest browser incarnation—built on Google’s open-source Chromium project. This enables users to execute web tests in parallel or data-drive tests using “ChromiumEdge” as the browser name.
Getting the Chromium Edge UFT One Extension is easy. Users have two options:
- Run the unpacked version from UFT One’s file system (C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Unified Functional Testing\Installations\Edge\Extension).
- Download and install a packed version from Microsoft's website.
5. Dynamic add-in loading
Users no longer need to make sure that all the add-ins they need are loaded when they open UFT One. Now, users can replay their tests seamlessly without having to go back and tell UFT One which add-in to use.
When opening a test in version 15.0.1, UFT One automatically loads the add-ins associated with that test. When the test closes, any add-ins loaded specifically for that test are unloaded.
6. Docker containers for API testing
UFT One’s Docker container allows users to run API tests in a lightweight Windows Docker environment directly from Jenkins.
This is relatively simple process where Jenkins triggers API tests from UFT One in a Docker container by:
- Create a folder for the test to run in (e.g. C:\DockerProject\tests).
- Adding the container as a slave in Jenkins.
- Adding a build step and selecting “Execute Windows batch command”.
- Inserting the command needed to trigger the test.
7. SAP Web testing on Chrome
When working with Web-based SAP applications in a Chrome browser, UFT One 15.0.1 supports seven (7) test objects as a technical preview:
A key benefit to UFT One’s support is that existing scripts built for IE will automatically work in Chrome without having to modify the scripts. This will help users shave off a tremendous amount of time having to refactors their scripts to support a different browser.
8. Mobile testing enhancements
Our latest enhancements for mobile testing are designed to streamline processes and increase testing efficiencies across the board. This includes:
- Enhancements for testing devices stored on an AWS Device Farm via UFT Mobile
- Capturing an animated GIF for each test step
- Testing iOS hybrid apps not signed with a Development certificate
- Registering Browser Control from the command line
9. Usability & technology enhancements
UFT One 15.0.1 improves its testability and ease-of-use with a number of new enhancements, including (but not limited to):
- Improving how the “attached text” property accurately supports Java-based test objects
- Testing Oracle E-Business Suite apps launched via JNLP
- Navigating to an object's property or method by typing the first letter of its name from the Object Spy and Object Repository Editor
- Connecting to ALM servers that require Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication using the latest UFT Azure DevOps Server extension
- No longer needing to download the ALM Client using the common mode before connecting UFT One if the ALM server requires OpenID Connect (OIDC) SSO authentication
10. Support matrix
UFT One is hailed by industry analysts for its support of diverse technology stacks. As expected, this release includes 20 newly supported technologies and versions.
- DevExpress 19.2
- IBM PCOMM 14 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Java 13
- QT 5.13
- Zulu JDK
- Oracle EBS 12.2.9
- SAP Fiori 1.71
- SAP GUI 760 Patch 4
- SAP NWBC 3.6.3
- Siebel Open UI 2019
- Angular 9
- Chrome 79, 80, 81
- Firefox 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
- Bamboo 6.10.3, 6.10.4
- Eclipse 4.13
- Windows 10 1909 Update
While this blog covers a subset of our functionality, more details about this release will be covered in upcoming blogs.
Download UFT One today from the following locations:
- Evaluating customers: Free Trial
- Existing customers: Software Downloads
- Partners: Software Partner Community
Downloads are available in English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
To learn more about UFT One, visit us at: