Setting up Subversion as Component Source

0 Likes

Serena Deployment Automation (SDA) supports several sources from which to pull artifacts to deploy. In this article I am going to show you how to set up Subversion as the source.

First, let's take a look at the Subversion repository using Tortoise SVN:

The URL at the top of the window is the same one we are going to use when we set the source configuration for the component. Also, note that the SVN client (i.e., SVN.exe) must be installed on the server as we will need to provide a path for it, and it is much easier if it is pointing to a local path.

Here is a screenshot of how I have set up the component:

Note that in this example I am setting it to import all of the source files, as the component process will orchestrate the build process as well. If you are doing the build process outside of SDA and storing the build output back in SVN, you can modify the "Includes" and/or "Excludes". For example, if you only wanted SDA to import EAR files, you could set the "Includes" to **/*.EAR.

Also, note that I did not check the "Watch for Tags" box. This means that each time a new version is created, it will be imported into SDA. Had I checked the box, then each time a tag is created, it would be imported into SDA.

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Anonymous