False positive "Bad pointer passed to global handle" in FreeLibrary() call.

The below generates Bad pointer passed to global handle error.

HMODULE hModule;

hModule= LoadLibraryEx("Path//to//dll", NULL, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH);

FreeLibrary(hModule);// generated here.

Parents
  • Okay, but we've been tracking the handles returned from LoadLibraryEx() for at least this century, and probably a few years before that.  The following test code does not give any error, and I have verified that the module actually gets loaded here:

void Test1 ( ) {

HMODULE hModule = LoadLibraryEx ( "c:\\Windows\\System32\\XMLLite.dll", NULL, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH ) ;

if ( hModule ) {

FreeLibrary ( hModule ) ;

} /* endif */

}

So the question becomes, what is different in your case?  If possible, could you share your test case?  You may e-mail me directly at Rick.Papo@MicroFocus.com.

• Okay, but we've been tracking the handles returned from LoadLibraryEx() for at least this century, and probably a few years before that.  The following test code does not give any error, and I have verified that the module actually gets loaded here:

void Test1 ( ) {

HMODULE hModule = LoadLibraryEx ( "c:\\Windows\\System32\\XMLLite.dll", NULL, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH ) ;

if ( hModule ) {

FreeLibrary ( hModule ) ;

} /* endif */

}

So the question becomes, what is different in your case?  If possible, could you share your test case?  You may e-mail me directly at Rick.Papo@MicroFocus.com.

Children
No Data