Profiling a service with TrueTime or TrueCoverage version 6.6

0 Likes

Problem:

After I set TrueTime or TrueCoverage to be my default debugger I attempt to startup a service to debug. Unfortunately, everytime I do this my system hangs for a couple of minutes then a message saying that the service failed appears however when I run it without TT or TC it works.

Resolution:

In TrueTime and TrueCoverage, the program has to interact with the desktop, in order to profile a service you have to allow the service to interact with the desktop.

In NT this is in the "Service's" section of the Control Panels under "Startup" for the particular service, check the box allowing the service to interact with the desktop.

In Windows 2000 you need to go to Control Panels, "Administrative Tools" then "Component Services", it is under the "Log In" tab, check the box allowing the service to interact with the desktop.

In Windows XP, please go to startup=> ControlPanel => Performance and Maintenance => Administrative Tools => Services, double click on the service you want and choose the properties, under the 'Log on' tab, check the 'Allow Service to interact with desktop'.

Old KB# 11622
Comment List
Anonymous