BoundsChecker Still Thinks it is an Evaluation Copy

0 Likes

Problem:

I evaluated BoundsChecker and I loved it so much I bought a copy.I installed it, but I forgot to remove my evaluation copy first. So I removed BC using the Add/Remove Programs control panel and reinstalled BC from the CD. It still thinks it's an evaluation copy! How do I fix this?

Resolution:

Perform the following steps: 1)

1. Begin by uninstalling BoundsChecker (Add/Remove Programs > NuMega BoundsChecker).
  2. Clean out temp directory.
  3. Reinstall product with serial #. Make sure that you enter the serial number in the following format: 1234-567890-12. Dashes are important as is the lack of spaces between the characters.

This should work. However, if the serial # screen does not appear, repeat steps 1 & 2 and then Clean out registry following the instructions below:

1. Please close any running applications.
  2. Go to START > RUN and type REGEDIT. This opens the Windows Registry Editor.
  3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE and delete the NUMEGA folder (if there is more than one, delete them all, including any labled NUMEGA TECHNOLOGIES).Then do the same under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE.
  4. Once done, close the registry editor and then using Windows Explorer go to the WINDOWS\TEMP folder and delete any files and sub folders from this folder. Once the TEMP directory is cleaned out, re-run the installation program.
Old KB# 10981
Comment List
Anonymous