How to install Remote Agent on Sun Solaris

0 Likes

Problem:

I have downloaded the Remote Agent for Solaris, dpra21.pkg. Now, how do I get it installed on my Sun box?

Resolution:

(MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO THIS AS ROOT!)

Remember also that the Remote Agent is a Java Swing Application so it requires that you run it using some sort of X Window client. A Common Desktop Environment that installs with Solaris should be just fine.

1. copy / ftp .pkg to a suitable directory on your Solaris system ( i.e. /export/home/sanand).
  2. go to that directory ( cd /export/home/sanand or cd ~sanand if you have the bash shell).
  3. use the Sun Package Manager to install the S/W ( i.e. pkgadd -d ./dpra21.pkg) should do it.
  4. after the install completes, go to /opt/Compuware/DPRA/ and read the contents of the Readme file to complete the installation.
  5. to run the Remote Agent, at the command prompt , type dpagent & and the Agent should launch.

The ampersand (&) is not necessary, it just means that the application runs in the background as some applications "overwhelm" your current window. It can be omitted if desired.

Old KB# 11051
Comment List
Anonymous