No integration with Visual Studio 2003 because of Active Reports

0 Likes

Problem:

I installed the product but I do not see the tool menu in Visual Studio 2003. Why?

Resolution:

This article applies to version 8.0 of DevPartner Studio Professional Edition.

If you have Active Reports installed it gets in the way of automatic integration for our product and the Visual Studio 2003 IDE.

Please try the following:

1. Open up regedit.
  2. Rename the Active Reports key found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\packages\ to have a _ in front of the first number or letter inside the {}.
  3. Do a refresh in regedit. The key you just renamed will be at the top of the packages list.
  4. Then run the following commands in order from a command line prompt or batch file:
    regsvr32 /c /n /i:"7.1" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Compuware 
    MShared\DPVSIP 
    MPkg.dll" 
    regsvr32 /c /n /i:"7.1" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Compuware MShared\DPVSIP 
    MCTISlnExt.dll" 
    regsvr32 /c /n /i:"DP\7.1" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Compuware MShared\DPVSIP\DPPkg.dll" 
    regsvr32 /c /n /i:"DP\7.1" "C:\Program Files\Compuware\DevPartner Studio\BoundsChecker\BCPrj.dll" 
    regsvr32 /c /n /i:"DP\7.1" "C:\Program Files\Compuware\DevPartner Studio\Analysis\DPAnalysisPkg.dll" 
    regsvr32 /c /n /i:"DP\7.1" "C:\Program Files\Compuware\DevPartner Studio\CodeReview\crpkg.dll" 
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" /setup
  5. Reboot and run visual studio and see if we have integration.

To return the Active Reports package repeat the steps above and remove the _ from the key name.

If you do not have Active Reports installed contact Technical Support.

Old KB# 11132
Comment List
Anonymous