Technical and future questions

Hi Micro Focus.

My department is looking for candidates to replace our current test automation tool and I have been testing your UFT Developer the past week.

There are a few questions that I have not been able to find the answer for in you documentation or the forum.

1: Our AUT will require .NET 5 in the short run and .NET 6 in the long run. Do you currently have plans for supporting these technologies? Can you tell me approximately when it is planned?

2: Do you support WinUI 3?

3: We usually run our tests on individual VM, in a 1 VM pr test scenario. I read in the documentation that a single license could run up to 4 parallel test operations pr license.

• Is a test operation a complete a test or is it actions within a test, like finding a UI element or clicking an element?
  • Just to be sure, each VM executing a test would require a license?

Best regards

Thor

Parents
  • Hi Thor 
    I'm Presales from Micro Focus in Denmark. Please reach out to me on email kim.westergaard@microfocus.com PS. I'm Danish..

I have already forwarded your question 1-2 to our Product Managers for them to respond to. 
    Question 3 I can answer myself

• Is a test operation a complete a test or is it actions within a test, like finding a UI element or clicking an element?
      It means you can have 4 individual tests running at the same time on a single license (different tests /or same test with different run data), on the supported systems with includes both web and mobileweb .     
      Yes, correct. You can’t run a parallel test that spans more than one host(VM) on a single license. But run up to four on a single host for one license. 

Also please have a look at our UFT Developer Academy on youtube for more inspiration : https://www.youtube.com/c/uftdeveloperacademy

BR
    Kim Westergaard

• Hi Thor 
    I'm Presales from Micro Focus in Denmark. Please reach out to me on email kim.westergaard@microfocus.com PS. I'm Danish..

I have already forwarded your question 1-2 to our Product Managers for them to respond to. 
    Question 3 I can answer myself

It means you can have 4 individual tests running at the same time on a single license (different tests /or same test with different run data), on the supported systems with includes both web and mobileweb .     
      Yes, correct. You can’t run a parallel test that spans more than one host(VM) on a single license. But run up to four on a single host for one license. 

Also please have a look at our UFT Developer Academy on youtube for more inspiration : https://www.youtube.com/c/uftdeveloperacademy

BR
    Kim Westergaard

Children
No Data