LoadRunner 11 cannot connect to SiteScope 11 Monitor

Recently we started a POC for LR11 and SIS11 and making a SiteScope Monitor connection failed with a message: "Parsing error. Details: host , port 8080, line 9. Reason: Required white space was missing ... [MsgId: MMSG-47587]".

Can anyone please help?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

• By the way: The LoadRunner 11 to SIS9.5 connection is succesful. So that means that there is a prob in the connection with SIS11.

Any help is appreciated.
  • I remember having the same problem with older versions of LR and SIS. When I used the old port 8888 the problem disappeared. Just try.
  • Since the problem is not hot at anyones attention I will leave it from here.

Feel free to share concerns because it will be a missing opportunity for HP to extend monitoring with SIS11.
  • I saw in the SIS11 docs that the classic interface (using port 8888) is disabled. It seems to me that a new interface must be used. Why HP gives you the opportunity to install SIS11 with the LoadRunner option.

I hope this is some food for thoughts, any input is appreciated.
  • Verified Answer

Try This.

For SiteScope with no configured authentication

1. Open SiteScope and configure monitors.
    2. Verify that you can see the Topaz XML data at the URL:
    localhost:8888/.../SiteScope
    3. Open C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\dat\monitors\xmlmonitorshared.ini and edit the SiteScope section:

[SiteScope]
    ;ExtensionDll=SiteScopeMonExt.dll
    MetricDataURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz
    MetricListURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&operation=config
    DefaultPort=8888
    DlgTitle=SiteScope Monitor
    RefreshMetricList=1
    EnableAccount=1
    For SiteScope with authentication configured:

1. Open SiteScope and configure monitors.
    2. Ensure your SiteScope admin has a password
    3. Add a new SiteScope user with a user ID and password.
    4. Verify that you can see Topaz XML data at the URL
    localhost:8888/.../SiteScope
    The â login=1â ³ part is the user index, for each user you add, the index increases by 1)
    5. Open C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\dat\monitors\xmlmonitorshared.ini and edit the SiteScope section.

[SiteScope]
    ;ExtensionDll=SiteScopeMonExt.dll
    MetricDataURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&account=login1
    MetricListURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&operation=config&account=login1
    DefaultPort=8888
    DlgTitle=SiteScope Monitor
    RefreshMetricList=1
    EnableAccount=1
    QueryLoginInfo=1

• Thnx for the award winning solution for authenticated configuration, because that worked fine.
  • HTML in this post was causing errors on the Community, so with apologies, I had to remove the content of the post.

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
    Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

• Thanks for the info.

Will this work for LoadRunner 12 and SiteScope 11.22 also.

I have upraded LoadRunner version 11.52 to 12 and are experienceing the same problem. I have tried various port configs and also connecting ways.

Error  I have (shown below) which is similar to original error mentioned above (however when I click my link then I do get to my sitescope server.

Parsing error.
    Details: host mySiteScopeServer, port 8182, line: 10.
    Reason: DTD is prohibited.

Contents:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <BASE HREF="MyLocalSiteScopeURLFitsBetweenTheseBrackets">
    <TITLE>Login - SiteScope</TITLE>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;charset=utf-8">

... [MsgId: MMSG-47587]

• Hi HeinReyneke,

try to use the port 8888 which is the default port for connecting (which differs from the the UI port)

This url should give an XML:

http://<SiS ip address>:8888/SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&operation=config&account=administrator

If so, then the LR connection should work also.

Goos luck ;-)

Regards,

Aurél

• Hi Praveen.

I am having similar difficulties and found this post.

When i type the address:
    localhost:9080/.../SiteScope

Into the browser on my sitescope server i get "

404 - Page Unavailable

The page you are trying to access is unavailable."

If i try 8888 , i get the default "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888." from the browser.

What should be my next steps?