Asynchronous Batch Job Response Time

Hi,

I am stuck at a strange problem. There is a batch job for which we need to monitor the response time. This batch job is running at the backend and we have a URL to fetch the job details.

The URL is something like http://application.domain.com/contextpath/servlet?jobid=XXX

Now when I hit the URL, and if the job is running I get response as 'Job XXX: Running'

After multiple hits on the same URL, I can either get Job Status = 0 or 1 depending on pass or failed status. 

How can I loop the multiple hits and fetch the response time for whole batch execution using LR. Also the pass or fail status of the transaction will depend upon the job status returned.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

• Using a monitoring solution like HP SiteScope, you should be able to check that URL at regular intervals, or write a script to test the return value of that URL request, and get a reasonably accurate measurement of the batch time.

Shane Evans

• Verified Answer

Hello!

You can put the request into a while loop and repeat it until the result as you expect. If you enclose the following structure into transaction you will get the timing:

// register the command to analyse the server response
    web_reg_find("Text=<your string>", "SaveCount=Wait_count", LAST );

// the request
    web_url("saw.dll_6",
     . . .
     LAST);

// verify the result: wait or no wait
    lr_output_message("There is a wait message %s", lr_eval_string("{Wait_count}"));

// loop to iterate the request until the final result is created
    while (strcmp(lr_eval_string("{Wait_count}"), "0") != 0)
    {
     // wait 10.000 miliseconds
     sleep (10000);

web_reg_find("Text=<your string>", "SaveCount=Wait_count", LAST );

// repeat the request
     web_url("saw.dll_6",
      . . .
      LAST);

lr_output_message("There is a wait message %s", lr_eval_string("{Wait_count}"));
    }

You may vary the number in the sleep() command.

Regards

Thomas

• Thanks Thomas!!! This should do the trick.

Regards,

Vaibhav