How to send array of parameters in web_submit_form ?

Hi!

I collect all INPUT TEXT on the page and write the value "test".

I have a code:

web_reg_save_param_attrib(
        "ParamName=inputTexts",
        "TagName=INPUT",
        "Extract=NAME",
        "Type=TEXT",
        "NotFound=warning",
        "Ordinal=ALL",
        SEARCH_FILTERS,
        "IgnoreRedirections=Yes",
        LAST);

web_link("Start", 
        "Text=Start", 
        "Snapshot=t56.inf", 
        LAST);

web_submit_form("1",
        "Snapshot=t57.inf",
        ITEMDATA,
        "Name={inputTexts}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, //Array in this place
        LAST);

It should look something like this.

web_submit_form("1",
        "Snapshot=t57.inf",
        ITEMDATA,
        "Name={inputTexts_1}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, 

"Name={inputTexts_2}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, 

"Name={inputTexts_count}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, 

LAST);

But the data is dynamic.

I don't know how to do it here. The loop between ITEMDATA and LAST doesn't work or I don't understand something. Please help!

• Firstly try changing in recording options General > Recording> HTML Advanced: A script containing explicit URLs only AND Record in separate steps & use concurrent groups. This will give complete arguments of web_submit_data()

If I understand correctly, you have the different number of ITEMDATA based on the previous request response. Try using text check and if condition based on the previous request response. For example:

web_reg_find("Text=TEXTCHECK", "SaveCount=cCheckCount1", "Search=Body", LAST);

web_link("Start", 
            "Action=https://{URL}",
            "Method=POST",
            "Text=Start", 
            "Snapshot=t56.inf", 
            LAST);

if(atoi(lr_eval_string("{cCheckCount1}"))!=0)
        {
        web_submit_form("1",
            "Snapshot=t57.inf",
            ITEMDATA,
            "Name={inputTexts1}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, //Array in this place
            LAST);

}
        else{
        web_submit_form("1",
            "Snapshot=t57.inf",
            ITEMDATA,
            "Name={inputTexts1}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, //Array in this place
            "Name={inputTexts2}", "Value=test", ENDITEM, //Array in this place
            LAST);

}

• , I sketched here already an approach. But lets make it here a little more clear with some example code:

#include "stdlib.h" #include "string.h" #define LR_VARARGS_MAX 100 typedef struct { char *a[LR_VARARGS_MAX]; } t_lr_varargs; t_lr_varargs f_args; int f_i=0; #define f_args_add(X) f_args.a[f_i ] = X // Maintain a list of malloced arguments like: "Name={inputTexts_%d}" char *f_args_param_list[LR_VARARGS_MAX]; int f_args_param_idx = 0; void f_args_add_paramarr(char *pattern, int i) { char *p = (char*)malloc(strlen(pattern) 2 1); // For one number upto 2 digits. sprintf(p, pattern, i); f_args_param_list[f_args_param_idx ] = p; f_args_add(p); } void f_args_reset() { int i; for(i=0; i<f_args_param_idx; i ) { if( f_args_param_list[i] ) { free( f_args_param_list[i] ); f_args_param_list[i] = NULL; } } f_args_param_idx = 0; f_i = 0; } Action() { int i,c; // Parameter collection code goes here. . . . // web_submit_form("1", <== Move this to below argument build code. f_args_add("Snapshot=t57.inf"); f_args_add(ITEMDATA); c = lr_paramarr_len("inputTexts"); for(i=1; i<=c; i ) { f_args_add_paramarr("Name={inputTexts_%d}", i); f_args_add("Value=test"); f_args_add(ENDITEM); } f_args_add(LAST); web_submit_form("1", f_args); // <== Always keep to any LR-function first argument with var-args. f_args_reset();

I did not test this in all details. But with this approach you should be able to resolve this.

Note: no check on going beyond LR_VARARGS_MAX etc.

Have fun.

•  

#include "stdlib.h"
    #include "string.h"

#define LR_VARARGS_MAX 100
    typedef struct { char *a[LR_VARARGS_MAX]; } t_lr_varargs;
    t_lr_varargs f_args;
    int f_i=0;

#define f_args_add(X) f_args.a[f_i ] = X

// Maintain a list of malloced arguments like: "Name={inputTexts_%d}"
    char *f_args_param_list[LR_VARARGS_MAX];
    int f_args_param_idx = 0;
    void f_args_add_param(char *pattern, int i) {
        char *= (char*)malloc(strlen(pattern) 2 1); // For one number upto 2 digits.
        sprintf(p, pattern, i);
        f_args_param_list[f_args_param_idx ] = p;
    }
    void f_args_reset() {
        int i;
        for(i=0; i<f_args_param_idx; i  ) {
            if( f_args_param_list[i] ) {
                free( f_args_param_list[i] );
                f_args_param_list[i] = NULL;
            }
        }
        f_args_param_idx = 0;
        f_i = 0;
    }
    Action()
    {
    int i,c;
    // Parameter collection code goes here.
    char arrayParamName[50]; 
    int elemCnt;
    int x;
        web_add_cookie("SID=0N34jFDxSBmJjt2DGpehmcXpgFEOMXfM; DOMAIN=test.youplace.net");

web_url("test.youplace.net", 
            "URL=http://test.youplace.net/", 
            "Resource=0", 
            "RecContentType=text/html", 
            "Referer=", 
            "Snapshot=t55.inf", 
            "Mode=HTML", 
            LAST);

web_reg_save_param_attrib(
            "ParamName=inputTexts",
            "TagName=INPUT",
            "Extract=NAME",
            "Type=TEXT",
            "NotFound=warning",
            "Ordinal=ALL",
            SEARCH_FILTERS,
            "IgnoreRedirections=Yes",
            LAST);

web_link("Start test", 
            "Text=Start test", 
            "Snapshot=t56.inf", 
            LAST);

// web_submit_form("1", <== Move this to below argument build code.

f_args_add("Snapshot=t57.inf");
            f_args_add(ITEMDATA);
            c = lr_paramarr_len("inputTexts");
            for(i=1; i<=c; i  ) {
                    f_args_add_param("Name={inputTexts_%d}", i);
                    f_args_add("Value=test");
                    f_args_add(ENDITEM);

lr_output_message("loop_step_finish");

} 
            f_args_add(LAST);
     web_submit_form("1", f_args);// <== Always keep to any LR-function first argument with var-args.
    f_args_reset();

return 0;
    }

I'm testing the script only on the INPUT TEXT. When there is only INPUT TEXT on the page, without RADIO and SELECT , the script should work. But there is ERROR (Error -27153: Either "Name" or at least one of "NamePfx" and "NameSfx" should be non-empty (before the "ENDITEM" argument number 5). I do not understand. Empty NAME can be due to the fact that more values are sent than there are fields for text input. Or what? I'm stupid. Help me pls. I am beginner

• , please study the editor for posting (pressing icon with 3 dots shows you the icon to enter code in a readable way).

Even when you are a beginner you can build your own 'debug' code. Here is an example that you might use:

void f_args_debug() { int i; for(i=0; i<f_i; i ) { lr_log_message("-, '%s' => '%s'", i, f_args.a[i], lr_eval_string(f_args.a[i])); } }

Call the function just before the lr_submit_form. It will show all the arguments, you will see that "Name=..." argument is missing.

The very first post contained an error that I corrected by editing my post in 5 min after initial post. You where just too quick. Your function 'f_args_add_param' should just contain one more statement.

Excuse for this inconvenience.

P.S.

"I'm stupid. Help me pls. I am beginner", I think that you are right: It is stupid as a beginner to think that you are stupid that you cannot resolve an issue in advanced code, you did not write

•  

Thank you very much for your help. It's a huge help in speeding up my learning. I have another question. In the version with Truclient I wrote a script with JavaScript. The code processed and filled INPUT TEXT, RADIO and SELECT. Is it possible to integrate this code into Action.c ? To work with the document.getElementsBy...Like there is a "web_js_run", but I don't know how to link it.

JavaScript code:

//******INPUT TEXT //Create array of all inputs on the page var inputArray = document.getElementsByTagName("input"); //Find all input text fields and fill it by value "test" for (var t=0;t<inputArray.length;t ) { if (inputArray[t].type=="text") inputArray[t].value="test"; } //*******INPUT RADIO //Create set for radiogroup names let set = new Set(); //Create array of all inputs on the page var radioArray = document.getElementsByTagName("input"); //Add radiogroup names in set for (var t=0;t<radioArray.length;t ) { if (radioArray[t].type=="radio") set.add(radioArray[t].name); } //Outside loop for enum names of radiogroup set.forEach((value, valueAgain, set) => { var rad=document.getElementsByName(value); //create array for values in radiogroup //Inside loop for enum values in each radiogroup and Find value with maximal length for (var i=1, max=rad[0].value, maxi=0;i<rad.length; i ) { //Compare nearby values if (rad[i].value.length>max.length) { max=rad[i].value; //max length value maxi=i; //index of max length value } } rad[maxi].checked=true;//check max length value if radiogroup } ) //******SELECTS //Create set for "select" names let set = new Set(); //Create array of all "select" on the page var radioArray = document.getElementsByTagName("select"); //Add "select" names in set for (var t=0;t<radioArray.length;t ) { set.add(radioArray[t].name); } //Outside loop for enum names of "select" set.forEach((value, valueAgain, set) => { //One of "Select" var rad=document.getElementsByName(value); //Inside loop for enum values in each "select" and Find value with maximal length for (var i=1, max="", maxi=0;i<rad[0].options.length; i ) { if (rad[0].options[i].value.length>max.length) { max=rad[0].options[i].value; //max length value maxi=i; //index of max length value } } rad[0].value = max;//set max length value if "select" } )
  •  

I decided to switch to JavaScript as there are strange things in this code. The code doesn't work. String comparison does not work correctly. Compare the lengths of the strings too. I do not understand. Why are RADIOS not filled as needed. Help((

#include "stdlib.h" #include "string.h" #define LR_VARARGS_MAX 100 typedef struct { char *a[LR_VARARGS_MAX]; } t_lr_varargs; t_lr_varargs f_args; int f_i=0; #define f_args_add(X) f_args.a[f_i ] = X // Maintain a list of malloced arguments like: "Name={inputTexts_%d}" char *f_args_param_list[LR_VARARGS_MAX]; int f_args_param_idx = 0; void f_args_add_paramarr(char *pattern, int i) { char *p = (char*)malloc(strlen(pattern) 2 1); // For one number upto 2 digits. sprintf(p, pattern, i); f_args_param_list[f_args_param_idx ] = p; f_args_add(p); } void f_args_reset() { int i; for(i=0; i<f_args_param_idx; i ) { if( f_args_param_list[i] ) { free( f_args_param_list[i] ); f_args_param_list[i] = NULL; } } f_args_param_idx = 0; f_i = 0; } void f_args_debug() { int i; for(i=0; i<f_i; i ) { lr_log_message("-, '%s' => '%s'", i, f_args.a[i], lr_eval_string(f_args.a[i])); } } Action() { char max[100]; char names_i[100]; char names_i1[100]; char values_i[100]; char values_i1[100]; int maxi=1; int maxindex[20]; int i,c,j,k,z,g; int elemCnt; int x; web_url("test.youplace.net", "URL=<a href="">http://test.youplace.net/" target="_blank">">test.youplace.net/.../a>", "Resource=0", "RecContentType=text/html", "Referer=", "Snapshot=t55.inf", "Mode=HTML", LAST); web_reg_save_param_attrib( "ParamName=inputTexts", "TagName=INPUT", "Extract=NAME", "Type=TEXT", "NotFound=warning", "Ordinal=ALL", SEARCH_FILTERS, "IgnoreRedirections=Yes", LAST); web_reg_save_param_attrib( "ParamName=inputRadioNames", "TagName=INPUT", "Extract=NAME", "Type=RADIO", "NotFound=warning", "Ordinal=ALL", SEARCH_FILTERS, "IgnoreRedirections=Yes", LAST); web_reg_save_param_attrib( "ParamName=inputRadioValues", "TagName=INPUT", "Extract=VALUE", "Type=RADIO", "NotFound=warning", "Ordinal=ALL", SEARCH_FILTERS, "IgnoreRedirections=Yes", LAST); web_reg_save_param_attrib( "ParamName=SelectsName", "TagName=SELECT", "Extract=NAME", "NotFound=warning", "Ordinal=ALL", SEARCH_FILTERS, "IgnoreRedirections=Yes", LAST); web_link("Start test", "Text=Start test", "Snapshot=t56.inf", LAST); f_args_add(ITEMDATA); // Working with INPUT RADIO g = lr_paramarr_len("inputRadioNames"); sprintf(max,"{inputRadioValues_%d}", 1); maxi=1; for ( i = 1; i < g; i ) { sprintf(names_i,"{inputRadioNames_%d}", i); sprintf(names_i1,"{inputRadioNames_%d}", i 1); sprintf(values_i,"{inputRadioValues_%d}", i); sprintf(values_i1,"{inputRadioValues_%d}", i 1); if (strcmp(names_i,names_i1)==0){ if (strlen(max) < strlen(values_i1)) { sprintf(max, values_i1); maxi = i 1; } } else { f_args_add_paramarr("Name={inputRadioNames_%d}", maxi); f_args_add_paramarr("Value={inputRadioValues_%d}", maxi); f_args_add(ENDITEM); sprintf(max, values_i1); maxi = i 1; } if (i==(g-1) ) { f_args_add_paramarr("Name={inputRadioNames_%d}", maxi); f_args_add_paramarr("Value={inputRadioValues_%d}", maxi); f_args_add(ENDITEM); } } // Working with INPUT TEXT c = lr_paramarr_len("inputTexts"); for(i=1; i<=c; i ) { f_args_add_paramarr("Name={inputTexts_%d}", i); f_args_add("Value=test"); f_args_add(ENDITEM); } f_args_add(LAST); f_args_debug(); web_submit_form("1", f_args); f_args_reset(); return 0; }

•   wrote: "Is it possible to integrate this code into Action.c ? To work with the document.getElementsBy...Like there is a "web_js_run", but I don't know how to link it"

The answer is simple NO. Understanding why is important. TruClient works on an head-less browser (so has access to the DOM). Web protocol works on the network so there is no internal representation of the DOM.

You can use "web_js_run" to execute some java script code if you like, but hard to use.

• wrote: "I decided to switch to JavaScript as there are strange things in this code. The code doesn't work. String comparison does not work correctly. Compare the lengths of the strings too. I do not understand. Why are RADIOS not filled as needed. Help(("

You might describe in words your approach (algorithm). I cannot see your intention.

But you might make one wrong assumption and that is related to LR parameter expansion.

Read carefully the LR help on the functions: lt_eval_string and lr_paramarr_idx.

Use logging function like:

lr_log_message("Compare string '%s' with '%s' gives %d", names_i, names_i1, strcmp(names_i,names_i1));

You will find what is going wrong.