Since the installation of the Patch 3 of VuGen 12.53, I'm facing a curious behavior of my TruClient Web scripts using IE as browser.
In short, the setting for Windows authentication (aka registry key "EnableNegotiate") is being reset to 0 each time a script is executed (either by VuGen or BPM) or opened with the "Develop script" button!
The issue is very simple to reproduce:
- Open Windows Registry
- Go to HKCU\Software\Hewlett-Packard\TruClient\TruClientIE\TCWindows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings and set "EnableNegotiate" to 1 (or you can use TruClientSupportabilityTool and activate the integrated windows authentication).
- Open VuGen and create a new TruClient Web script.
- At this time, the setting didn't change (keep a registry window opened to easily check the value).
- Select Internet Explorer and click on "Develop Script".
- Check the setting, it has been reset to 0!
Consequently, all the scripts using SSO now fail...
Sadly, the issue still occurs with patch 4.
After some search, I think it's the gulty is "TcWebIEInternetProtocols.dll", but I'll let the HPE experts check this ;)