I am sorry to post my question again, but this issue really is very pressing. I am not able to use LoadRunner at all, it is completly blocked!
I installed LoadRunner on a Windows 8 machine and tried to record Web-actions (using the "Web - HTTP/HTML"- Protocol) with VuGen 12.50 (proof of concept). But no matter what site I use (e.g. google.com) or what browser I use (chrome, firefox, explorer), I ALWAYS get a certificate error:
www.google.ch uses an invalid security certificate.
Please see the Screenshot.
When accessing web pages outside of VuGen (i.e. just open a browser and go), I do not experience any of the issue mentioned above. I am just able to open the website I choose (using chrome, firefox or explorer).
So the problem is clearly associated with LoadRunner! I installed LoadRunner twice; once without a specific certificate, and once with a certificate I create on my own (given the instructions in the LoadRunner User Manual) and used the following steps:
1. Opened a comand line on windows
2. Changed the directory to where I can find the executables
3. gen_ca_cert -common-name justForTesting
4. gen_ca_cert -install cacert.cer
5. gen_cert -common-name justForTesting
6. gen_cert -install cert.cer
7. Imported the files necessary to continue with the installation of LoadRunner.
I also tried the following actions so far without any success, without any change of the problem:
1. Change the length of the RSA key as mentioned here: http://eyeontesting.com/questions/2758/loadrunner-vugen-cannot-record-secure-web-sites-ht.html
2. Followed the certificate instructions here: http://community.hpe.com/t5/LoadRunner-and-Performance/5-tips-to-solve-the-most-common-problems-seen-in-Web-recording/ba-p/6357387#.Vnme51Jvks4
I really appreciate some help here to get LoadRunner to work !!!