PDF Form is not opening while recording the application in Load Runner

Hi All,

I have installed LR 9.1. I am recording SAP Portal Application through

SAP-Web Protocol. The application opens PDF form.

I am getting following error when click the application, "There is a

problem in Acrobat reader, please exit from the Acrobat reader and try

again".
But when I open the application in IE normally, It opens the PDF Form

(I think the issue is not related to Adobe Version).

Please suggest me to solve this issue.

Regards,
Chinnadurai R
  • PDF files are not generally shown in run-time viewer. I would suggest you to use web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_SIZE) after your pdf request and verify if the pdf is getting downloaded by verifying the size of the file getting downloaded.Disable run-time viewer and try this.

Thanks
    Prashanth T
  • I am sorry that I misunderstood your question. I realised that the problem is with recording itself and not with replay. This would be a problem of adobe reader and LR version incompatability. I would suggest you to use the 'Earlier recording engine' option in recording options and try recording it. However, I feel that inspite of the error, the pdf path would have got captured in your script. Check for any pdf file/path in your script.

Thanks
    Prashanth T
  • Hi Chinnadurai,

I have a similar problem, I need to test the received PDF, I came up with the attached script that test HTTP code (but that not the interresting part, next I test if the received PDF is valid, means that it begin with %PDF and finish with %%EOF, and next the size of the PDF.

If the size does not match I save locally on the injecter the PDF to see if it is good.

Hope that could help you :)

--
    david
  • Hi Prashanth,

Thanks, I can able to record with 'Earlier recording engine', but I am facing some other issue in replaying. I will try to solve this issue.

David --> Thanks for you inputs.

Regards,
    Chinnadurai R
  • Hi All,

The Leave Application opens PDF inside the page. I am entering values to apply leave.Then I am pressing Submit button in the PDF Form. It is recorded fine, While Replaying it shows "Internal Server Error" in the submit section [web_submit_data ("PageBuilder", Action, Method.., LAST)]. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Chinnadurai R
  • Hi All,
    I am using LR 9.5 and recording SAP WEB application through SAP(WEB) protocol. I have to open PDF files between the script. While recording I am getting MSG like:"There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader.It it is running, please exit and try again.(103:1030".
    Please help me on this.

Details:
    LR version: 9.50
    Application: WEB (SAP)
    Document type: PDF

Thanks,
    Rajendra
  • Hey I know this post is old, but I wanted to pass on a workaround that worked for me dealing with this issue. 

1. Go to the adobe acrobat folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

2. Right Click > Properties > Compatibility >

3. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" >

4. Choose Windows 7 >

5. Click OK >

6. Trying recording again

Hope this helps you.....