Upgrade path - TeamTrack circa 2003, to latest and greatest

We are trying to upgrade Teamtrack, Version Manager, Licence Server to SBM and equivalent VM and LS, and our db from MSSQL2000 to MSSQL2008, and our servers from 32 to 64 bit architecture... and this is turning out to be a complete nightmare. Does anyone have a simple upgrade path to move from without having to completely rewrite our workflows?

Parents

• Hello Daryl,
    A project of this complexity is best broken down into separate upgrade projects.
    You could upgrade the license manager first, as the latest SLM server can act in a backward compatible fashion.
    How the TeamTrack/VM combo is best upgraded depends on how they are currently integrated. Are you using issue association from within Version Manager? If so, can you please indicate from which VM interfaces this is used? Examples are: desktop client GUI, web client, SCC IDE interface and Rich IDE (RIDE) interface.
    With respect to retaining your workflows, I'll leave that part of your question for a TeamTrack/SBM expert to answer. I'd be happy to provide info on the License Manager and VM issues, though :-)
    Kind regards,
    - Richard.

• Hello Daryl,
    A project of this complexity is best broken down into separate upgrade projects.
    You could upgrade the license manager first, as the latest SLM server can act in a backward compatible fashion.
    How the TeamTrack/VM combo is best upgraded depends on how they are currently integrated. Are you using issue association from within Version Manager? If so, can you please indicate from which VM interfaces this is used? Examples are: desktop client GUI, web client, SCC IDE interface and Rich IDE (RIDE) interface.
    With respect to retaining your workflows, I'll leave that part of your question for a TeamTrack/SBM expert to answer. I'd be happy to provide info on the License Manager and VM issues, though :-)
    Kind regards,
    - Richard.
Children
No Data