How can I change the folder directory that Issue Manager uses to store file attachments for defects?
Since the introduction of SilkCentral Issue Manager 3.3, it is possible to change the file directory that is used to store file attachments that have been uploaded against defects. To do so please follow these steps:
- Close SilkCentral Issue Manager.
- Navigate to the installation directory on your hard-disk where SilkCentral Test Manager has been installed, of which SilkCentral Issue Manager has been integrated with following the release of v3.3. This directory by default will be: C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkCentral Test Manager 8.0\conf
- In the conf directory, open the file TMConfig.xml for editing with a text editor.
- To specify the location of the RadarAttachPool folder, use the tag found within the XML file. If this tag is left empty, the default entry to be used is "SilkCentral Test Manager 8.0\RadarAttachPool". If you specify the directory as D:\ for example, then it will append "RadarAttachPool" as the target folder of the directory, i.e. "D:\RadarAttachPool".
- Save the changes to the XML file and restart your machine to refresh the SilkCentral services.
Here are some valid examples of how the XML tag construction may look like: