Why do I not receive a notification when my issue is reassigned as part of another action, rather than using the "Reassign" button?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I not receive a notification when my issue is reassigned as part of another action, rather than using the "Reassign" button?

Resolution:

This behaviour is as designed. The default ‘Reassigned’ rule (which can be seen at ISSUE TRACKING | CONFIGURATION | NOTIFICATION RULES), is only designed to be triggered when the ‘Reassign’ button is used to do the reassignment. All other times, i.e. when the issue is reassigned as part of another action when you have selected a different button, then the ‘Reassigned’ notifications will not be received.

There is an RFE logged to have it considered that either the documentation, the rule title and description are changed to make this clearer, or preferably to have the Reassignment rule triggered when the reassignment happens as part of another action as well, and not just when the "Reassign" button is selected. To have your details added to this RFE please contact support@borland.com.

Old KB# 23835
Comment List
Anonymous