Why do I get the message "ERROR Report Server already in use" even though no Report Server is shown as configured?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the message "ERROR Report Server already in use" even though no Report Server is shown as configured?

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

This is due to an incorrect hostname being found in a SilkCentral Test Manager configuration file ReportServer.txt. Most likely this is caused by uninstalling a previously configured version of SilkCentral Test Manager and then re-installing it.

The configuration of a Report Server is not performed at installation; it"s an action that is performed later so that the configuration files are not removed by the SilkCentral Test Manager Uninstaller.

To resolve this issue browse to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Segue\SCC30

Note: this file is hidden by default therefore please change your windows folder options to display hidden files.

In this folder you will see a file called ReportServer.txt. Please delete this file and then restart the reporting server service. You can restart this service by double-clicking on the SilkCentral Service Manager icon in the system tray, choosing the Reporting Server tab and clicking stop then start.

Old KB# 24716
Comment List
Anonymous