Why might I get a "license check failed" error when clicking on the Test Manager tab of SilkCentral?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why might I get a "license check failed" error when clicking on the Test Manager tab of SilkCentral?

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

There are a number of possibilities as to why this might happen, below are the most common:

• The license has not been imported into the User Policy Administrator.

• If the license is showing in the User Policy Administrator, make sure that there are no timeframes on it and if there are, make sure that they have not expired.

• Try stopping and restarting the SilkMeter Manager service though the Control Panel.

• Make sure that your SilkCentral is pointing to the correct license server and that it can communicate with this license server if it is on a remote machine.

• Reboot your SCTM machine: Always make sure, that at least the Frontend Service and the Appication Service is restarted after changing the license or the license server.

• Look for policies.dat (found in C:\ProgramFiles\Segue\cfg\silkmeter). Forward this on to the engineer assigned to your case along with a copy of your license policy so that we can have a look to find out if there is anything wrong with these two files. If we find that there is then we will forward on a corrected version.

• Try deleting your browser cookies.

Old KB# 24883
Comment List
Anonymous