When I launch the Manual Testing Client, I continually receive the error "An instance of the Manual Testing Client is already running". I click "Start Anyway" and the Manual Testing Client subsequently crashes, how can I prevent this fr

0 Likes

Problem:

When I launch the Manual Testing Client, I continually receive the error "An instance of the Manual Testing Client is already running". I click "Start Anyway" and the Manual Testing Client subsequently crashes, how can I prevent this from occurring?

Resolution:

When the said problem occurs, we must essentially "re-set" the Manual Testing Client to its original post installation state. In the following directory you will the "workspace" folder:

• C:\Documents and Settings\\Manual Testing Client

Rename the "workspace" folder and attempt to launch the Manual Testing Client once again, it should now launch successfully requesting that the user enter their SilkCentral Test Manager URL and credentials. The Manual Testing Client will create a fresh copy of the "workspace" folder and any outstanding tests can be downloaded and executed as normal.

Old KB# 29671
Comment List
Anonymous