How can I access report data outside of Issue Manager?
It is possible to call a specific URL that offers the report data using the following format:
Below is an explanation of the required parameters:
- is the hostname or IP address of the FrontEnd Server.
- hid is the handler id. For Issue Manager you should use "imReportData". (for test manager you should use "reportData").
- and are the username and password used to login to SilkCentral.
- is the report ID specified in the properties tab of the required report (as shown below).
- You have a choice of the format of the data returned: csv or xml:CSV (Comma Separated Values): You receive the report data as a CSV file. Depending on your local settings, you will receive a comma or a semi-colon as the delimiter character. The date is also formatted based on user settings.
XML: You receive the report data as XML. The advantage of this approach over CSV is that you retain all subreport data.
Below is an example of the data returned in a browser in CSV
Report Information,Severity,DefectID,Product,Component,Release,Synopsis,Reporter,LastMod,ProjectID all bugs,,,,,,,,, Demo Project,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,, admin,,,,,,,,, "Thu, Jun 14, 2007 - 4:38:08 PM",,,,,,,,, Week 24,,,,,,,,, ,2: Normal,10,Product_C,,Version 1.0 Build 1,install problem,admin,admin,0 ,1: Severe Bug,9,Product_B,,Version 1.0 Build 1,runtime error,admin,admin,0 ,2: Normal,8,Product_A,,Build 24,GUI not rendering correctly,admin,admin,0
And in XML format:
all bugs Demo Project admin Thu Jun 14 16:39:40 BST 2007 Week 24 2: Normal 10 Product_C Version 1.0 Build 1 install problem admin admin 0 1: Severe Bug 9 Product_B Version 1.0 Build 1 runtime error admin admin 0 2: Normal 8 Product_A Build 24 GUI not rendering correctly admin admin 0