Why do I get the error Login failed for user "<username>" when connecting to my database?
This error message shown below may occur when connecting to your database with SilkCentral Test Manager even if the login credentials are valid and correct for the account.
A reason why this error may occur is if the SQL Server Database Engine is set to Windows Authentication mode.
In Order to change Server Authentication
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer, right-click the server and then click Properties.
2. On the security page, under Server Authentication, ensure that SQL Server and Windows Authentication is selected.
3. In the SQL Server Management Studio dialog box, click OK to acknowledge the requirement to restart the server.
4. Restart the Server by right-clicking on the Server, then click Restart. If SQL Server Agent is running, it must also be restarted.
5. You should now be able to successfully connect to your database with SilkCentral Test Manager.