Why is it when I re-import amended test requirements documents into SilkCentral TestManager the amendments are not applied to the existing requirements?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why is it when I re-import amended test requirements documents into SilkCentral TestManager the amendments are not applied to the existing requirements?

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

Using the Office Import Tool, it is possible to create requirements documents in either Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, apply formatting for title, description, priority etc. and import these into SilkCentral TestManager.

Another feature is the ability to re-import these documents again after the initial requirements have been amended. This is done via the same Office Import Tool but when we reach the "Preview Changes" screen we must ensure that the check box for "Modify Existing Requirements" is selected, this will then update the requirements with the same title with the new details. Once the import has taken place a refresh of the requirements screen will show the new amended requirements details.

See image below:

Old KB# 24736
Comment List
Anonymous