How do I change the period of time before a Test Definition changes it"s status to "not executed"?

0 Likes

Problem:

How do I change the period of time before a Test Definition changes it"s status to "not executed"?

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

Test definitions change their status to "not executed" once they enter a queue, but only after a defined period of time. Depending on the number of test definitions in the queue, you may want to ensure that test definitions do not change their status to "not executed" too early.

Note: This feature is only supported by Test Manager.

Procedure To set the execution interval:

1. Open the TMAppServerHomeConf.xml file with a text editor. This file is located in the /conf/AppServer folder of the SilkCentral directory on the application server.

2. Locate the Config\ExecutionTracking\CheckInterval XML tag. By default, this tag is set to 60.

3. Set the "Not executed" status value to the number of minutes within which non-executed test definition will save an execution result saying the test definition was not executed and change their status to "Not Executed"

4. Restart the application server service after you save the file.

Test Definitions which are not executed within this interval (in minutes) according to their scheduled execution time will save an execution result saying the test definition was not executed and change their status to "Not Executed"

Old KB# 24785
Comment List
Anonymous