Error when uploading package to Manual Testing Client

0 Likes

Problem:

Error when uploading package to Manual Testing Client

Resolution:

When I upload manual test cases that contain Microsoft Word attachments to the Manual Testing Client, I get the error below. How do I resolve this?

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Error type: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException
Thread: Thread[main,6,main]
Stack trace:
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (org.eclipse.jface.util.Assert$AssertionFailedException: Assertion failed: ContentViewer must have a content provider when input is set.)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3374)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3297)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:178)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:28)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:3763)
at com.borland.hermes.ui.views.packages.PackagesView$2.itemChanged(PackagesView.java:180)
at com.borland.hermes.com
mon.domainobjects.AbstractDomainObject.fireItemChanged(AbstractDomainObject.java:46)
at com.borland.hermes.com
mon.domainobjects.AbstractDomainObject.fireItemChanged(AbstractDomainObject.java:41)
at com.borland.hermes.core.pkg.PackageContainer.addPackage(PackageContainer.java:25)
at com.borland.hermes.core.pkg.Synchronizer.downloadPackages(Synchronizer.java:47)
at com.borland.hermes.core.pkg.Synchronizer.synchronize(Synchronizer.java:211)
at com.borland.hermes.ui.com
mands.SynchronizeAction$ProgressAction.run(SynchronizeAction.java:146)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
Caused by: org.eclipse.jface.util.Assert$AssertionFailedException: Assertion

This error is believed to be caused by certain versions of Microsoft Word and/or the operating system.

The work around for this problem is to close the ‘Outline’ view in Manual Testing Client (see below) before uploading the manual tests. To re-open the Outline view, go to WINDOW | RESET PERSPECTIVE .

Please see attached for a screenshot of error dialog.

MTC_error.doc
Old KB# 25089
Comment List
Anonymous