How do I import a Multi-testcase into SilkCentral Test Manager?

0 Likes

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

Procedure to Import a Multi-testcase

1. Select a container or folder node in the Test Plan tree where you wish to insert a new test definition.

2. Click the "New Test Definition" button on the toolbar (or right-click within the tree and select New Test Definition from the context menu). A new test definition node is appended to the tree view and the Test Definition dialog appears.

3. Define a Name and meaningful Description for the test definition.

4. Select the test definition Type from the drop-down list - "Multi-testcase import"

5. When you select SilkTest Multi-testcase import from the Type drop-list box on the Test Definition dialog, and then click Next, you are taken to the SilkTest Test Properties - Select Test Script dialog

Procedure To configure Multi-testcase Import properties:

1. On the Multi-testcase Import Properties - Select Test Script dialog, click Browse and locate the test script file from the defined SilkTest project, or the source control directory (as a relative path to the root node defined in the test container).

2. Click Next to advance to the Multi-testcase Import Properties - Select Testcase dialog, where you can define additional test definition properties.

3. Select some/all testcase"s from the available testcases in the defined script file or specify a custom testcase if it is not contained in the drop-down list.

4. If required, specify an option set file.

5. Click Finish to create the SilkTest test definition.

6. The Multi-testcase"s have been selected will now be created viewable in the TestPlan Treeview.

Old KB# 24668
Comment List
Anonymous