What steps should be followed when moving the Inetpub location to another drive when using IIS 7.5?
In the following example we have installed SilkCentral Test Manager on the E:\ drive:
Firstly it is required to configure the install to put the "InetPub" folder on to the E:\ drive also, so copy it from the original location to the E:\ drive.
Open web.config and ensure that it contains a valid path pointing to the new drive.
Next open IIS 7.5.
Follow the below steps to change the path to the “Tomcat” ISAPI-filter in the “ISAPI and CGI restrictions” feature of the server node:
1. Select the server node on the left and double click the “ISAPI and CGI restrictions” feature in the middle.
2. There should be a list of extensions, with one named “Tomcat” - Double click it and change the path to the “isapi_redirect_64.dll” e.g. “e:\InetPub\Scripts\isapi_redirect_64.dll”.
3. Ensure that the physical path is set in Default Web Site | Basic Settings.
Next, it is required to change the path to the “Tomcat” ISAPI-filter in the “ISAPI Filters” feature of the “Default Web Site”:
1. Select the “Default Web Site” node on the left and double click the “ISAPI Filters” feature in the middle.
2. There should be a list of filters, with one named “Tomcat” - Double click it and change the path to the “isapi_redirect_64.dll” e.g. “e:\InetPub\Scripts\isapi_redirect_64.dll”.
The physical path for the virtual directory “Scripts” now needs to be changed:
1. Select the virtual directory “scripts” under “Default Web Site” and open its “Advanced Settings” (right pane, link “Advanced Settings…”). 2. The Advanced Settings dialog appear - Click the Button for changing the Physical path. 3. In the “Browse for Folder” dialog select the folder where the “scripts” directory is located e.g. “e:\InetPub\Scripts” .