1. To begin, launch the Silk Central installer you have downloaded. The installation files will now be extracted.
2. Once complete, you will be presented with the InstallShield Wizard screen. Click Next.
3. You then can select the language you wish to use with Silk Central. You can choose from English, German, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese.
On this screen, you can also open the release notes for the current version of Silk Central as well as view an installation guide. Click Next.
4. You will now be presented with the License Agreement for Silk Central. Once you are satisfied with the terms, select the ‘I accept’ option. Click Next.
5. This screen allows you to select if you wish to install Silk Central or Silk Central Connect. We will select Silk Central.
Below this, you will have an option to install an execution server. We will choose to install an execution server on this particular machine.
Lastly you can select the pathway in which Silk Central will be installed. The default location is on the C drive. You can modify this by selecting Browse. Click 'Next'.
6. You will now be presented with a summary of your installation options. Once you have confirmed this is the setup you want, click ‘Next’.
7. Now Silk Central will begin to install.
8. The next step is to select the licensing mode you would like to use. If you have yet to purchase a license, you can try out Silk Central for 45 days with our evaluation license. If you already have a full license, you can select the licensed option.
For this video, I will choose the Evaluation option. If choosing this option, you can also install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 if you wish. You would choose this option if you do not have an existing database repository. I will choose to install SQL Server on this occasion. Now click ‘Next’. The installation process will then continue.
9. You will be notified that the execution server is being installed if you selected this option earlier.
10. Once complete, you will be prompted to restart the computer. It is recommended to do this before using Silk Central for the first time. Please also note that to complete the configuration of Silk Central, refer to the ‘Administration’ section of the help guide. Allow the computer to restart by clicking Finish.
11. Once the computer has restarted, click Start then All Programs and click the folder named ‘Silk’. Here you can find your installation of Silk Central. To launch Silk Central, click Silk Central Instance Administration. Here you can go to the Login URL for Silk Central. Within the Silk Central folder, you also have folders containing Administration Tools and Documentation. For information on how to configure Silk Central and how to use the administration tools, you can use the document ‘Silk Central Help’, as shown here.