Application Delivery Management
Application Modernization & Connectivity
CyberRes by OpenText
IT Operations Management
How can I create Links to Requirements, Data definitions or Execution Definitions when previewing reports in SCTM?
As of SCTM 2008 R2, you can
access the requirements, test definitions, or execution definitions
that you query, directly from the results list in the Data tab. To
do so, your query must include the column ProjectID and the
respective ID of the element that you want to link to:
- ReqID: Query for this column to enable a link to requirements on the Data tab of a report.
- TestDefID: Query for this column to enable a link to test definitions on the Data tab of a report.
- ExecDefID: Query for this column to enable a link to execution definitions on the Data tab of a report.
If the query"s result includes both the ProjectID and either of RequID, TestDefID, or ExecDefID, using exactly these terms as column names, the Data tab will display the values.
The "All Requirements" report (SCTM | Reports | Requirements | Document Reports) in SCTM returns the ReqID but doesnt return the ProjectID. Therefore there will be no link created to the requirement. See below:-
To create a link to the requirement for this report, follow the steps below:-
1. Right-click and edit the “All Requirements” report and add “Project ID”
2. Click Check SQL and Finish
3. Click on Update
4. Click on the Data tab and you will see the Project ID column added to the report. The fields in the ReqID column should be highlighted in blue indicating a link to the requirement.
5. Click on one of the ReqID links and this will bring you to the corresponding Requirement in the Requirements module.