How can I report on the status of all executions run on a particular platform for all builds of a specific product?

0 Likes

Problem:

How can I report on the status of all executions run on a particular platform for all builds of a specific product?

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------
To report on the status of all executions run on a particular platform, such as Windows XP, for all builds of a specific product we must use the following SilkCentral Test Manager database tables:

• TM_ExecDefinitionRuns
  • TM_ExecInputAttributes
  • TM_TestDefExecutions

TM_ExecDefinitionRuns: Used to gather Build, Version, Product information. It is also used to generate the metrics of tests passed, failed and not executed.

TM_ExecInputAttributes: Used to gather information on what Attributes where used for a particular execution.

TM_TestDefExecutions: This table is used to ensure we only select those executions which meet our criteria of, Platform used, Product tested, Version Tested.

Create a new custom report in the Reports section of SilkCentral Test Manager and click the advanced query button:

SELECT BuildName,
SUM(PassedCount)AS Passed,
SUM(FailedCount)AS Failed,
SUM(NotExecutedCount)AS NotExecuted,
SUM(PassedCount   FailedCount   NotExecutedCount) AS "Total Tests Run"
FROM TM_ExecDefinitionRuns,TM_ExecInputAttributes,TM_TestDefExecutions 
WHERE TM_ExecInputAttributes.ExecutionID_pk_fk=TM_TestDefExecutions.TestDefExecID_pk_fk AND ExecDefRunID_pk_fk=ExecDefRunID_fk AND AttributeValue=${PLATFORM|"Windows XP"} AND ${VERSION|"3.0"}=VersionName AND ${PRODUCT|"Demo Product"}=ProductName
GROUP BY BuildName

Please Note:
The above query will include in the result set each result of an execution that was run multiple times.

Old KB# 24513
Comment List
Anonymous