How can I change the IssueID number used for new issues generated in SilkCentral Issue Manager?
The IssueID field in SilkCentral Issue Manager is defined in a field in the database. This field can be modified in order to start the count from whatever number is required.
To access this field and change its value follow these
- Check under the ADMINISTRATION | SYSTEM tab to check the
server which holds your database and the database name. See
- Select your project and check the URL to see the project ID. This should be contained in the URL looking like http://---?pId=6--- See below:
- Access the database using a program like SQL Enterprise Manager or similar.
- Return all rows from IM_APPSETTING table.
- The first column in the table should be PROJECTID_fk, scroll down the list until you find the projectID which matches your project.
- Now move across to the column called IntValue and this is the number you want to change.
- This IntValue represents the last IssueID used in your project and adding 1 to this number determines what the next one will be.
- If you require your Issue ID numbering to start at 1700 then mark this field as 1700.