When installing SilkCentral Test Manager 8.1 on a machine where Issue Manager is currently installed, why am I getting the error that SilkCentral Test Manager can"t be installed because Issue Manager is already installed?

0 Likes

Problem:

When installing SilkCentral Test Manager 8.1 on a machine where Issue Manager is currently installed, why am I getting the error that SilkCentral Test Manager can"t be installed because Issue Manager is already installed?

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

SilkCentral Issue Manager 4.0 comes fully integrated with SilkCentral Test Manager 8.1 and is installed as part of the standard installation of SilkCentral Test Manager.

To avoid trying to install a second version of SilkCentral Issue Manager and thereby avoiding the error message, you will need to choose one of the following;

• Perform a custom installation and choose to install the Test Manager Product alone if you want to leave the previously installed Issue Manager on your machine.

OR

• Uninstall the current version of SilkCentral Issue Manager from your machine and go ahead with the standard installation of SilkCentral Test Manager to install both Test Manager and Issue Manager.

Old KB# 24687
Comment List
Anonymous