How to create a Data Source in SilkCentral Test manager
1. Go to
Administration/Configuration and select the Data Sources tab. Click
the New Data Source button. The New Data Source dialog appears.
Specify a name for the data source in the Name field.
2. From the Data source type drop-down list, select MS Excel to configure a Microsoft Excel data source, or select CSV to configure a CSV data source.
3. From the Source control profile drop-down list box, select the pre-configured source control profile that hosts your data file. Click the Browse button to open the Select Source Control Path dialog. Browse to and select a data source file of the selected type in your source control path.
4. MS Excel only: (Optional) If you are working with an Excel spreadsheet that includes multiple worksheets, and you want to narrow down the data source to specific worksheets, you can browse to and select specific worksheets for inclusion. To do this click the Worksheet filter’s browse (...) button. On the Select Worksheet Filter dialog, select the worksheets that you want included as your data source. Click OK.
5. (Optional) Key column selection is used by test definitions to define which worksheet columns within a data source are used as primary key. This is helpful if your data source will undergo edits (for example, adding or removing rows within a worksheet). Even if your data source is edited, test definitions will still be able to identify which columns/rows should be used. Test definitions created from data-driven data sources use key column values in their names, rather than column numbers.
Note MS Excel only: If the data source includes multiple worksheets, only columns with identical names are available to be defined as key columns.
6. To configure a key column click the browse (...) button next to the Key column field. Select a column from the column list that is to act as a key column. Click OK then enter a valid Password if your worksheet uses password protection.Click OK.
7. Click Yes on the subsequent confirmation dialog. Your newly configured data source now appears on the Data Sources tab.