When I open my Personal options via Tools | Personal options , why is the GUI missing most of the items tabs such as File | CR etc.. ?

0 Likes

Problem:

When I open my Personal options via Tools | Personal options , why is the GUI missing most of the items tabs such as File | CR etc.. ?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 Product
  • Component: Client
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Question: When I open my Personal options via Tools | Personal options , why?is the GUI missing most of the items tabs such as File | CR etc.. ?
Answer: The reason for this is that, if StarTeam 2005 windows client detects a faulty StarTeam-client-options.xml then it just loads up a default set of personal options. To ensure this is the behaviour you see please go to Tools | StarTeam Log and you will see the following entry:
E Exception caught in : Fail to parse specified XML document If you are using the StarTeam cross platform clients on versions 2005 R2 and 2006 this behaviour does occur. If the starteam-client-options.xml has an invalid entry, such as incorrect XML format. The StarTeam parser will still read in the file and keep custom settings.
StarTeam 2005 R2 and 2006 actually removed the faulty text/data but 2005 windows client simply encloses these in some tags. This problem is only related to the Windows Native 32 client. StarTeam Cross Platform Clients (CPC) on all versions do not show the same behaviour. It appears that the CPC Java client is more robust at parsing the file or adopt at recreating the file in the event of failure to load.
Author: David McLeish
Old KB# 27432
Comment List
Related
Recommended