How to upgrade from StarTeam 5.2 to StarTeam 5.3 using SQL 7 or 2000.
Information in this Brief applies to:
These are the steps to upgrade a StarTeam 5.2.x server configuration to StarTeam 5.3.
1. Shut down the StarTeam 5.2 server configuration.
2. Make a complete backup of the StarTeam 5.2 server including the starbaseserver.ini file, database, and entire repository.
3. Install the StarTeam 5.3 server software.
4. Within StarTeam 5.3 Server Tools click "Upgrade".
5. The upgrade should complete and the StarTeam server instance within the 5.3 Server Tools will have a status of "Ready" and then the server is ready to be started.