How to Upgrade StarTeam 5.1 to StarTeam 5.1 SP1.
Information in this Brief applies to:
The upgrade from StarTeam 5.1 to StarTeam 5.1 SP1 requires that a database upgrade be done prior to running the server for the first time after the installation of 5.1 SP1.
In order to upgrade StarTeam 5.1 to StarTeam 5.1 SP1 you will need to do the following:
1. Shutdown all configurations of StarTeam 5.1 which you plan to upgrade and make backups of both the database and repository for each configuration.
2. Back up the StarbaseServer.ini file.
3. Install StarTeam 5.1 SP1 directly over top of the current StarTeam 5.1 installation.
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Prior to running any configuration for the first time, the StarTeam Administrator will need to perform the database upgrade on each configuration using StarTeam Server Tools as shown below:
6. Once Server Tools launches, separately highlight each configuration you wish to upgrade to 5.1 SP1 and press the Upgrade button. The upgrade will take between 30 seconds to 1 minute to complete.
7. After all configurations are upgraded, the StarTeam Administrator will be able to start them.