How do I get the exemple?
This server configuration does not support the creation of advanced views
Why do I get "This server configuration does not support the creation of advanced views." message when trying to create a view?
The Administering & Using StarTeam 2008 guide (http://techpubs.borland.com/starteam/2008/en/AdministeringAndUsingStarTeam.pdf) states on Page 49:
"By default, StarTeam 2008 does not allow the creation of an advanced view (Branch None or Branch All, Float). In addition, warnings now result from the following:
Configuring a folder to a floating configuration.
Clearing the Set Items Shared Into View To Branch On Change check box."
The reason for this being that a Branch All, float view may lead to certain ambiguous merge situations when used with the View Compare/Merge tool.
However, if you really need this option to be enabled, it can be done by the following steps:
1. Shutdown the StarTeam configurations (stop all StarTeam server instances) on Server 2008
2. Close the Server Administration Utility
3. Browse to the StarTeam-Server-Configs.xml file, typically located on C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam Server 2008
4. Append the following option to the specific server configuration you would like to be able to create Branch all, floating views in.
5. Restart the instances.
6. Use StarTeam 2008 CPC to connect to Server 2008 and notice that the option is available again in new view wizard.