How to set the Connection Parameters in the Universe File to use with DataMart Synchronizer?
Version: 2006 and above
Component: StarTeam DataMart
How do I set the Universe Parameters correctly before running the DataMart Synchronizer?
From the Business Objects Designer, navigate to
the Universe Parameters menu item (File Menu ->
Parameters) and set the Connection to point to the DataMart
Database by following the below steps:
1) Create a system DSN to connect to your DataMart Database.
2) In the Universe Parameters, click the "New" button.
3) In the "Database Middleware Selection screen", select the appropriate Data Access Driver for the Connection.
4) Define the Login Parameters to access the DataMart Database. The DSN has to point correctly to the DataMart Database.
5) Perform a Test and verify if the Connection is successful.
6) Complete the rest of the steps.
7) After completing all of the above steps, the Connection drop down in the Universe Parameters screen should point to the New Connection that was defined in Step 4.
8) Perform a Final Test by clicking the "Test" button in the Universe Parameters screen. The connection is successful if the server responds to the test request.
Note : The attached screenshot shows the step-by-step procedure.