Why do I get MD5 and compression engine errors when checking files in and out of StarTeam?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get MD5 and compression engine errors when checking files in and out of StarTeam?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: All
  • Product Component: Server
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows 2000 Server

Question:

Why in the StarTeam client, do I get errors such as "this file has the same MD5 as an existing file but has a different file content......" when trying to check in a new revision of a file and "an error has occured in the compression engine.." when checking files out of StarTeam?

Answer:

If you get the errors described above, please check your StarTeam Server Log for lines similar to the following:

1. Warning: Compressed archive file is corrupt: %RootRepositoryPath%\Archive\06\8\068b5d2d9d835ec266fd96f394cf436a.gz (read error: java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format)
  2. Warning: Compressed archive file is corrupt: %RootRepositoryPath%\22\9\2291b2f51551e12be651ea1bedce28f0.gz (read error: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream)
  3. If these appear verify that Microsoft Patch KB920958 is installed on your system.
  4. Verify that Disk Compression is ON (go to My Computer, right click on your drive, select Properties, verify the checkbox "Compress Disk to Save Space")
  5. If all of the above is true uninstall KB920958. This is an error caused by Microsoft"s Patch.
  6. Restart the machine.

Author: Daniel Rice, Levi Bowman

If you still experience the above problems after uninstalling the Patch, please contact Borland Support.

Old KB# 27828
Comment List
Related
Recommended